A lot of agents go into appointments with the “sell, sell, sell!” mentality, and as a result, they miss out on a lot of opportunities. How do you identify opportunities and handle the consultation so that you stand out? How can you gain more credibility? On this episode, we talk about listing consultations with motivated sellers and their benefits.
When you approach people with an investor offer, you’re going to get more one on one meetings. -Tom Cafarella
Takeaways + Tactics
- When you approach people with an investor offer, your conversion to getting appointments will be higher.
- A lot of agents don’t go into appointments with the intention of figuring out if they’re a good fit or not.
- The market is so hot that if you have a retail deal that makes sense the odds are pretty good that you will find someone.
At the start of the show, we talked about the benefits of approaching the seller with a cash offer, and why it helps you stand out. Next we talked about what agents get wrong with their mindset and approach to sellers. We also discussed how to spot opportunities, and the importance of knowing if the seller is a good fit. Towards the end of the show, we talked about why it’s easier to find retail deals when the market is hot.
We also spoke about:
- The prequalifying questions you should ask
- The importance of a consultative approach
- Why options provide differentiation
If you go in with the sell, sell, sell approach you might leave the seller with many questions in their minds, which means you won’t get that listing. The key to this approach is generating leads with cash offers, doing very question-based consultations and qualifying them quickly. The benefit is you’re going to get more face to face time with sellers and your conversion is going to be higher. Ultimately, you’ll get more credibility going in and you will stand out.