A lot of people are afraid of not being able to find investors, and that puts them off from trying deals. How do you find investors and make sure the deals go through? How should you treat commercial wholesaling in your portfolio? How do you build trust with potential investors so you can generate more deals? On this episode, we talk with investor Luis Carrera about how to get started in commercial wholesaling.
Your family and freedom are more important than staying stuck at a job. - Luis Carrera
- Many investors are afraid of multi-families. In order for them to start trusting you, you have to do their flips first.
- “Value-add” properties allow you to increase rents and reach a new threshold to refinance your loan.
- The more you educate yourself, the more confident you become.
At the start of the show, Luis shared the kinds of properties he goes after and he explained why he opts for 20-80 units and nothing over 100. Next, we talked about how to prevent deals from falling through, how to build trust with investors, and the importance of educating yourself.
We also discussed:
- Connecting with potential investors at events and high-end hotels
- The advantage of value-add properties
- Low cost marketing for residential
There’s a lot of people out there interested in real estate. When you connect with them and build trust, it will create even more deals for you. It can be intimidating to try and find the first deal, so the more you can educate yourself, the more confident you’ll be. In this industry, you should continually push yourself towards personal growth.